Throughout this policy, the terms “using” and “processing” information include using cookies or similar technologies on a computer, subjecting the information to statistical or other analysis and using or handling information in any way, including, but not limited to, collecting, storing, evaluating, modifying, deleting, using, combining, disclosing and transferring information within SleepyWinks and related parties.
We collect information from you in order to provide and improve our Site and services (collectively, the “Services”), to administer your use of the Site and to enable users to enjoy and easily navigate the Site.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
As you use our Site or Services, we collect information about you and the services you use. The information we collect falls into three categories:
- Information you directly give to us.
When you use our Site, you may choose to voluntarily provide us certain information. This may include Personal Information (described below), demographic information, and any other information you give us. You may also provide us information about other people.
- Information we collect from other sources.
You may give us permission to obtain information from your account, or information you submit on other services, including social media networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc. The information that we obtain from those services depends on your privacy settings for those services or their privacy policies.
- Information we collect automatically as you use the Services.
“Personal Information” shall mean information that alone or when in combination with other information may be used to readily identify, contact, or locate you. Personal Information includes your name, email address, username, password, birthday, and other personally identifiable information. It does not include information that has been anonymized such that it does not allow a third party to easily identify a specific individual.
We collect Personal Information when you choose to provide it to us including when you:
- Join our mailing list;
- Submit a comment or user review;
- Use or interact with our social media channels;
- Participate in a survey; and
- Communicate with us.
HOW WE USE THOSE INFORMATION
We may use the information we collect about you in a variety of ways, including but not limited to:
- Respond to you on your inquiries or requests for information;
- Post your reviews or comments on our Site or Services;
- Inform you about content updates, or other promotional purposes;
- Deliver to you updates, ads and contents that we feel may be of interest to you;
- Analyse, maintain and improve our Site and Services; and
- Detect, prevent or investigate security breaches.
We do not sell, rent, trade, or otherwise disclose your information to anyone.
Cookies are small text files that are stored in the memory of your Internet browser on your computer, or other web-enabled devices when you visit the Site. They are not harmful and do not contain any Personal Information. Likewise, the cookies do not and cannot read any other information that are stored on your computer or other devices you use to access the Site.
Cookies are an essential part of how the Site works. They enable us to give you an enhanced, personalised web experience and improve the way the Site works.
There are several types of cookies:
- Session cookies – They expire when you close your browser. These cookies allow you to navigate the Site and allow us to link your actions during that particular browser session.
- Persistent cookies – They are stored on your device in between browser sessions. These cookies will remember your preferences so we can make your browsing experience as seamless as possible.
- Targeting cookies – These cookies are used to deliver ads and content relevant to you.
We may collect certain information using web beacons. Web beacons are electronic images that typically work in conjunction with cookies to identify users and user behaviour.
We may also use third party companies or social media platforms to help tailor our Site content. These companies or platforms may similarly employ cookies to collect certain information. Please note that any information collected by these companies or platforms is not linked to any Personal Information collected by us.
By accessing and using, or continuing to use, the Site, you consent to our use of these cookies, web beacons, and other similar technologies and the way we collect information as described herein.
SOCIAL SHARE FEATURES
THIRD PARTY SITES
Our Services may contain links to third party websites or services. If you click on these links, you will be directed to those third party websites or services. The third party link is not an endorsement or representation of our affiliation with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy policies or practices. We do not control these third party websites or services. They may adopt different policies and practices regarding the collection, use or disclosure of the personal information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of other websites you visit.
We reserve the right to change or update this policy at any time, so please check and review this policy regularly. Changes or updates will take effect immediately upon their posting on the Site.